6 Tips to Build a Personal Brand
1. Personal Branding
If a brand wants representation from an influencer, who are they more likely to choose;
- the person who has a huge following but no clear, defined image, or
- the person whose persona, brand, image is rock solid?
Brands are more likely to collaborate with influencers who are examples of branding successes. The goal of a brand is to reach a specific audience with a branded message, and the better way to do that is with someone who has proven they can do this with their own personal brand.
If you have no idea how to create your personal brand and do brand influencer marketing the right way, here are some ideas.
2. Niche down
The more clearly defined vision and the more unique, niche target focus a brand cultivates, the greater the chance of success.
Does choosing a niche make you nervous because you don’t know what to choose, fear not, follow your intuition and write about things that speak to your heart.
Once you have cultivated a personal brand including
- a voice
- a niche you to focus on, it’s full steam ahead.
Brand influencers have incredible competition, the clock is always on, expectations run high, and failure is just around every corner.
That said, the only way to become successful is to persist, day in and day out.
4. Authentic Voice
The more authentically you write, Vlog, and speak, the more longevity you will have.
You’ll be less likely to burn out creating content that is unrelated to your life, passions, and purpose. If you build an influence based on your authentic self, everything else should fall in line more easily; your personal brand, your niche, your engagement with fans, your following, your connection with brands.
5. Be Approachable
Share your story, allow people to email you, tweet you, reach out to you on a human level, you will build a following much faster than if you choose to remain closed and secretive.
Considering that nearly 100% of the time people trust recommendations that come from friends you need to befriend your followers rather than to keep a distance from them.
6. Keep it Simple
It’s easy as a content creator to become stuck in a rut and feel as though you are experiencing “writer’s block”.
Fear, doubt, self-criticism, competition, disappointment, lack of followers, and all sorts of obstacles will lead you down the path of influencer self-destruction. It is often these types of feelings that block the creative flow.
Whatever you need to do to remain grounded and feeling on top of the world, do that.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business Dojo, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!