8 Marketing Tips for Your Business That Cost $Nothing
1. Optimize Your Website
One of the easiest things you can do is take action on the basics of SEO. You don’t have to be a SEO expert. If your website is built on WordPress, you can install the Yoast SEO plugin for free, and it will walk you through setting up the basics of SEO for your site.
The Yoast SEO plugin also automatically creates a sitemap and optimizes your meta title format which makes it easier to complete the rest of the basics on your own.
2. Create Social Media Profiles
You need a Facebook page, however, the other social media platforms, like Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, are not necessarily required unless they fit with your target demographic.
For example, an electrician is not likely to gain a lot of response on LinkedIn, whereas a business coach likely would.
3. Local SEO Listings
Even if your business isn’t directly serving your immediate area, you still need to make sure you have claimed all the local review sites and local SEO listings. This will ensure that all the information is correct on these listings.
When you claim a listing, you can enter your contact information, add images and respond to reviews.
It’s important to respond to reviews out of respect to current and potential customers.
Some of the places where you need to claim and monitor reviews are:
- Google My Business
- Industry review sites
4. Build a Referral Network
If you offer services in a specific niche, look for other related providers that you could partner with for referrals.
For example, a builder could have a few plumbers on hand that he knows are also great to work with that he can recommend to her clients. The plumbers would hopefully do the same for the wedding planner.
The best way to build this referral network is to build relationships so there is an element of trust. Start by looking at other vendors for your clients to see if there are opportunities to get to know these other small business owners.
5. Blog Regularly
Blogging has a wide variety of benefits for a small business, from getting more exposure via organic search engine results to establishing your business as a thought leader in the industry.
Start small with just one post per month, then scale up to weekly as you get accustomed to the process.
6. Ask for Reviews
Ask your existing customers to review your small business on Google, Yelp, or other major reviews sites. More reviews can lead to better visibility in review site search results.
No pressure though because fake or deceptively positive reviews are readily identified. Customers should feel free to leave their honest opinions.
7. Answer Online Questions
Spend at least 30-60 minutes a week answering questions online.
Forums like Twitter Chats, Quora, and Reddit are full of users that want to know more about topics in your industry. Taking the time to answer can help establish thought leadership and generate interest in your company and its products.
Always be helpful and not promotional which is key.
8. Email Newsletter
Many email marketing providers have free-level accounts. You can take advantage of this by creating a useful email newsletter for your current and potential customers. Add new and existing customers to your email list, and then offer a subscribe box on your website to add new subscribers.
Every month or week, send out a helpful email newsletter with company news, interesting external articles, product sales, or other information that your customers would find useful.
Taking action on some or all of these tips is sure to make an impact on your business.
Make sure you don’t take on more than you can handle and schedule a time to complete them regularly on your calendar.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business Dojo, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!