Work Smarter Not Harder
Have you ever wondered why some people tend to achieve ten times more than others?
These are not extraordinary talent nor skills, not social status, and not even life long experience. The key answer is the ability to organise your personal time.
Every one of us is given 24 hours every day and the way we use it determines our position in life.
Here are some tips to work smarter and not harder
1. Set Clear Goals
Think on paper. Before investing your energy into anything decide specifically what is it going to be.
You may ask ‘what if I don’t have any clue about my future plans?’.
The answer is simple – follow your present aspirations and dreams.
Remember, plans are created to be changed, and goals are set to be advanced. The key idea of clear goal setting is to enable you to make important decisions faster and more effective, increasing inner drive and desire.
2. Clarify Expectations
Lack of clarity in your work leads to burnout.
Instead of sitting in confusion or trying your best to read the minds of your clients, ask clarifying questions, use simple tips like brainstorming if you’re running low on creative juice, and take time to research what’s already been done. The less you can reinvent the wheel, the better your time will have been spent.
3. Understand the “why” of the task
If you’re driven by purpose to accomplish a goal, you’re much more likely to stay focused and dedicate the time needed for it.
4. Plan in Advance & Stick to routines
As studies have shown each 1 minute planned saves 10 minutes of action. Two hours invested into planning the following week saves as many as 20 hours in total, which equates to 3 extra hours each day.
These figures alone can keep you motivated, but only for a short period of time.
What you really need is to develop a habit of planning.
This is how you can put it into action: under each goal write down steps needed to be taken to achieve it – this is your Master List where you can add any new goals and activities.
At the end of each month prepare a Monthly List for the following month transferring activities from the Master List.
At the end of each week prepare a Weekly List transferring activities from the Monthly List.
Finally, at the end of each day allocate 10 minutes to plan the following day, transferring any incomplete activities from the Weekly List.
And remember 6P rule in Time Management – proper prior planning prevents poor performance.
5. Take immediate action
Look at your Master List and think which one task completed in an excellent fashion right now would have the greatest impact on your future career and personal development. This may be the most unpleasant to tackle but developing a habit of ‘eating that frog’ first thing every day will eventually put you into the position of a winner.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business Dojo, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!