The 5 Keys to a Successful 6 Figure Business: Part 2 Content
Continuing on from the first post in this series…
Here’s key Numero Dos of the Five Keys to a Successful 6 Figure Business
Key Numero Dos
Content is everywhere whether you’re watching the TV, flicking your Facebook feed, search for something on the internet there is always someone producing some kind of content.
If you’re anything like me you start searching for something on Google and the next thing you know 20 minutes have gone by and you’ve completely forgotten what you were searching for in the first place. You end up on some random website and signing up with your email address to the freebie newsletter or widget thing you think you need only to discover a day or so later that you have 10 unread emails from the same website promoting stuff,
Really annoying. Here’s my suggestion to you, STOP consuming content and start creating. Sounds simple however it’s actually quite difficult however there’s a solution that I learned from Ari Meisel that I’m going to share with you so you can become a creator and stop consuming.
Here’s the step by step process to help you process a massive amount of content on a weekly basis to come up with ideas for content creation.
Step 1: Topics and Categories
We all have a liking to some topic or category and usually, that liking falls into one of the big three categories of Wealth, Health, and Relationships. So the first step is to understand what content from your topic or category is most valuable to you (preferably less BS the better unless you’re into Days of Our Lives).
Step 2: Consolidate
We need to consolidate the content in one place from all the sources that you’re getting it from
- screenshots on your mobile phone
If you’re consuming content located from various sources it becomes a nightmare to jump form source to source.
What I do is get everything I find from all these different sources into one consolidated place. The place is a Trello list.
Now the way that things get onto this list, a lot of it is powered by automation setup with an app called IFTTT (If This Then That)
- Setup Feedly to follow all of the different blogs and when you “save” something on Feedly, IFTTT creates a card for it in Trello
- If you get an interesting email you can forward it to a special email address on your Trello board and automatically Trello creates a card on the list
- If you visit a cool website on your desktop you can install a Trello App in Chrome that allows you to click the Trello extension and a card is created in your list.
- Theis one is cool – if you take a screenshot on your iPhone of a text message or a website or even a screen on a particular app, IFTTT will turn that into a Trello card.
So that’s how you get everything into one organized place.
Step 3: Sorting the list
By Scrolling through the list you have created you can decide if the item is still valid, to be deleted or leveraged for something you want to write about.
Step 4: Decide
Now that you have the content on the board you can decide what channel it has to go to (refer to the above example) and you can put due dates on items, which in turn organizes your content calendar so you can consistently produce content
Step 5: Backup
This is the best part, no matter what gets saved to your list, you can create a trigger with Evernote that tells IFTTT to create a note in Evernote.
This is the ultimate brain dump because Evernote is good at bringing back content that’s relevant in the moment. It does that through the things you add to it in the moment as well as whatever you search for on Google.
You need to connect the Evernote app to Google and when you do the power you have is quite amazing.
When you’re searching for stuff on Google ot the right-hand side notes you have saved in the app will appear that relate to the search term you’ve entered. This ensures that nothing ever falls through the cracks and there’s always a place for things to go in order to be useful.
In the next post, I’ll provide you a simple and effective content framework you can apply to produce amazing content that engages your reader. You need to be able to touch, move and inspire people.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business Dojo, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!