How to Overcome the Sales Struggle When Signing a New Coaching Client
Do you know why so many coaches struggle with closing the sale when it comes to converting a prospect to a client?…
I’ll explain, the number “1” sales mistake killing a coaching business is creating and then offering too many coaching package options to solve a prospect’s problems.
Many coaches are of the belief that the more coaching package they have to offer a prospect the higher the probability they have to convert the prospect to a client.
By casting the net wide, they hope to appeal to everyone and believe that having two to three coaching packages that will lead to double or triple the profits.
Focussing on the number of coaching packages is NOT the way to boost your sales to increase profits!
It’s a common mistake that confuses your audience and the reality is “a confused mind almost always doesn’t buy”.
Your prospects don’t want that many options.
They simply want the ONE thing that will help them get their desired result. They know the result they are looking for however if you throw so many offers at them, they have no idea which package to choose to achieve it.
And if you attempt to offer them too many unrelated options, this can lead to doubt in your prospect’s mind that you’re the expert they need.
If you think about it, the expert that they want to work with and who they believe has “THE” answer to their problem
When your prospect gets on the phone with you, they want to know that you can solve their fears and frustrations and you are the ONE that holds the magic pill they’ve been searching for.
Putting Your Prospects fears and frustrations into context
Imagine, your wife has been nagging you for weeks to hang a picture in the living room. She’s only nagging you because you been putting it off as you need to make a hole in the wall to hang the damn picture.
So, you finally find some time over the weekend to drop by the hardware store to buy the drill piece to drill a hole in the wall to insert the wall hanger.
Here’s the problem you’re now faced with when you arrive at the hardware store to buy that drill piece to drill the hole:
- do you need to make a hole in a concrete wall
- do you need to make a hole in a plasterboard wall
- do you need a wall stud finder
- what size drill piece do you need to make the hole
- is the picture to hang on the wall heavy and is a special wall hanger required
So many things to consider and all you want to do is drill a damn hole in the wall to hang a picture to get your wife off your back.
If you had done your research before you went to the hardware store then you would at least have won half the battle when you arrived at the hardware store and be able to find someone to help you search for and purchase what is needed to do the job.
See how quickly a simple goal of putting a hole in the wall leads to so many options.
Just think, all you wanted to do was put a hole in the wall to get your nagging wife off your back.
Too many choices
Back to the business of coaching, If you ask a prospect to make a difficult choice from numerous options, you’ll scare them away and lose the opportunity to turn them into a client.
Instead, think to yourself, what’s the one thing you can offer your clients right now that would have the biggest impact on your best clients business?
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!