7 Growth Hacking Strategies to Boost Your Client Base
Growth is essential if you’re business is to thrive.
The statistics are clear: 20% of businesses never make it past the first year, and a whopping 50% don’t make it to the fifth year.
How can you avoid becoming a statistic?
The answer, use growth hacking tactics and strategies to skyrocket your client base.
So, what Is Growth Hacking?
Growth hacking is using tactics and strategies to grow your business. Sean Ellis, the CEO and founder of GrowthHackers.com, coined the term when he found that traditional marketers didn’t have the focus on growth.
Growth hacking strategies aim to increase your client base as quickly as possible while keeping the cost to achieve it to a minimum.
There are three main types of growth hacking strategies:
- Content marketing (using content to promote your business)
- Product marketing (promoting your product within or via the product itself)
- Advertising (paid promotion)
These aim to optimize the stages of the growth hacking funnel:
Three main stages of any customer journey are:
Awareness stage , when they know there’s an issue but don’t yet know you can help
Evaluation stage , where they’re comparing potential solutions to their problem, including yours
Conversion stage, where they’ve decided you’re the best option
It’s at this point that they become part of your growth hacking funnel described above.
Understanding how people interact with your site can avoid unnecessary bottlenecks that derail your growth strategy.
Know your goals, what you want to achieve and when you want to achieve it. Make sure it’s a goal that contributes to the overall goal of growth, and it’s something you can achieve and measure.
1. Exit Intent
Email marketing is one of the best ways to connect and encourage your visitors to become subscribers and clients.
Email marketing is affordable.
If you’re looking for a growth hack that will skyrocket your subscribers in no time?
You should set up an exit-intent campaign with a lead magnet
Exit Intent detects user behavior and prompts them with a targeted campaign at the precise moment they are about to leave.
2. Gamify Your Onboarding Process
A tried and true growth hacking tactic many companies use is to reward your users both for using the product and for bringing in new users. That can be a great way to expand your user base really fast.
To put this into action, think about what actions would both get users more comfortable with your product and help get the word out. Then make those part of your onboarding workflow.
3. Use Urgency and Fear of Missing Out (FOMO)
FOMO is the fear of missing out. It relies on people’s psychological desire not to be left out of something good.
Related to this is urgency, which is also tied to human psychology. We feel compelled to act if a situation is urgent.
So if you’re opening beta access to your new service for a limited time, it becomes more appealing to potential customers.
4. Run a Challenge
Did you know that running an online challenge is one of the most effective ways to raise awareness about your product or service?
And it’s a win-win. Not only do you get the word out, building your client base, but if your challenge is access to a private Facebook group, you gain an enthusiastic new client.
5. Use Your Email Signature
This is one of the simplest growth hacking strategies you can use? Promoting your business in your email signature.
When Hotmail (the forerunner of Outlook.com) launched, every email sent included a line inviting the recipients to sign up for a free account. Hotmail grew fast.
6. List in Relevant Marketplaces
With so many products and services launching every day, it’s important to get yours listed in the right place. One site that’s proved useful is Product Hunt, one of the go-to places for anyone exploring new services. To get your product listed:
- Join Product Hunt and set up your profile
- Contribute to the community by upvoting and commenting
- Network with people on the site
- Add and promote your product
7. Social Advertising
Compared to other forms of advertising, social ads are not that expensive.
And with large audiences in almost every global market, the reach is massive. Plus you can really focus in on your core audience.
For example, if you create a post or a video on Facebook, you can press the “Boost” button to enter their ad creation interface. Then you can choose your audience, budget and ad duration before submitting your ad for review. Once it’s approved, you’ll be able to see how it’s doing, and you’ll get an email report on its promotion at the end.
If you’re going to boost a post:
- Have a defined goal, such as increasing engagement
- Know the audience you intend your post to reach
- Know what metrics will mean you’ve succeeded, such as more people visiting your site or contacting you
Here’s one way to implement this strategy. If you have an article that includes a content upgrade, you can share that article on Facebook, and then boost it, so the people most likely to be interested see your promotion.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business Dojo, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!