5 Tips for Creating an Offshore Team
The Philippines has skilled professionals prepared to dedicate their services to your business.
Indeed, it is becoming increasingly common for small businesses to build entire teams made up of virtual assistants, as a way to scale without high labour costs.
If you’re considering such a strategy it’s important to know that working with multiple VAs can be quite different from engaging and managing a single offshore virtual assistant.
Here are some tips to keep you on the right track and avoid mistakes as you build your multiple-VA team.
1. Delegate Leadership
If you have a small team of people who work for you locally, you will probably have a right-hand person you entrust some of your responsibilities to when you are away from your business.
You will need to delegate some leadership tasks as your virtual team begins to grow. However, it’s one thing to delegate practical tasks to a virtual assistant, and quite another to let somebody else take control of task planning, and scheduling.
2. Communication and Information-Sharing
When your virtual team becomes larger than two or three VA’s, the need for delegating leadership will become all too apparent.
The communication and information-sharing processes that may work with a single virtual assistant may not be sufficient to maintain workflows across a full team of remote workers.
When you have assigned a leader for your virtual team then, the first task will be to work with him/her to establish a communication and information-sharing strategy that will enable you to stay in the loop with the team when you need to, but which will also ensure continuity when your attention must be occupied elsewhere.
3. Training Structure
As your virtual team continues to grow, it can become challenging to keep up with training.
Time invested in the creation of training for VA education will pay for itself many times over, removing the necessity for hands-on training except perhaps for the most complex of tasks and activities.
4. Balance in Your Virtual Team
Hire just one or two virtual assistants, it makes sense to look for candidates with a broad range of skills. However, when creating a larger team, you need to become more selective during the recruitment and hiring process.
Try to build a team in which each member has different strengths relevant to the activities you will outsource.
Try not to let the focus become too narrow.
5. Project Management
Project management software can help you coordinate the workload of multiple VAs and provide a single environment for task scheduling, assignment, and tracking.
Your platform doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. There is plenty of web and cloud-based project management solutions available that you can implement immediately and which can be paid for on a monthly subscription basis, so you won’t need to make any costly up-front investments.
The Simplest Way to Build a Virtual Team
The tips offered in this article will help you become effective at managing a team of virtual assistants, however, you need a process to locate, recruit, and hire your team members without scouring freelance platforms and conducting hours and hours of interviews.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you and your coaching business right now:
- Join our FREE Facebook™ group, the Scalable Business Dojo, and connect with coaches who are growing too – it’s our Facebook™ community where the sharpest business coaches on the planet learn to get more money, deliver more impact, and get more freedom, CLICK HERE and join now!
- Join the, Get Clients Challenge™, and become a successful case study – the outcome of the Get Clients Challenge™ is simple: To get you, clients. I’m aiming to get you at least an extra $10-$15k per month, so we’ll give you everything we need to make that happen, and nothing you don;t. Here’s the best part, there are no ads to run, no funnels to launch, and no tech to struggle with. We’re going to solve the 3 biggest problems that stop coaches from launching and growing their businesses. Delivery Angst, Lack of Leads, and Sales Anxiety. CLICK HERE to learn more now!
- Chat with me in messenger – we’ll talk about where you’re at and where you want to be. And together we can look at what your next steps are to move the needle in your business. CLICK HERE to chat with me in messenger
- Schedule a FREE 15-minute Game Plan Call with me we’ll map out a personalized plan of your next steps to grow your coaching business. Please leave your credit card at home too – there’s no pitch on this call. Just great conversation with an expert to help you figure out what’s next for you in your business. CLICK HERE to book a call now!